Hello Friends & Welcome to The 2020 Masters Tournament contest! The Masters is rapidly approaching and it is time to start building this year’s entry list. This is the 9th year doing this game and 3rd Annual for TonyFoundation.org
As many of you know, Tony Laudadio (Creator of and bossman of this fun) has battled cancer for several years now and continues to do so. He started Tony Foundation in 2018 to help others fighting cancer. As you get to the end of the entry form you will see an option to make a contribution to the Tony Foundation. Any contributions are entirely optional. Any contributions to TF will be allocated to the nonprofit and will ultimately be provided to other cancer fighters and their families struggling to make ends meet.
Masters Entry/Payment Form: SUBMIT AN ENTRY
- You will receive an email notification of your selections and your payment amount. Do as many entries as you want!
- We will payout Top 3 places. The exact payout structure will be determined on that Wednesday night and relayed to you, along with the spreadsheet of everyone’s roster selections. Each entry is $20, paid through the entry link.
Masters Payout Ties:
- 1stplace tie rule remains the same (this rule is only used for 1st place tiebreaker). If multiple teams tie for best total score, the Masters tournament winner would be a tie-breaker. If multiple teams have best score and also have the tournament winner, then a split will be performed. EXAMPLE: Dave, Tim, and Aldo all tie for best Masters team with a combined score of -12 but only Dave and Aldo both had the Masters Champ on their team, only Dave and Aldo would split 1st/2nd Place payouts and Tim would then finish in 3rd place. If only one of those 3 entries had the Masters winner, that person would win 1st place outright and other two entries would split 2nd/3rd place payouts.
- 100% entry payouts, excluding credit card processing fees.
Masters Game Scoring:
- Choose 7 players as your team. Your team of 7 players must consist of 1 “A” player, 1″B” player, 1 “C” player, 1 “D” player, 1 “E” player, 1 “F” player, 1 “G” player. *YOU WILL NOT DROP YOUR WORST SCORE THIS YEAR.
- Your team score will be the cumulative total relative to par of all 7 players at the end of the tournament. If a player you choose misses the cut, his two-day total relative to par will be his score, plus 5 strokes. EXAMPLE: If Phil shoots +6 and misses the cut, he will count +11 for your final total on Sunday. (The objective is to build a solid team of 7 players; not just picking the winner). Unfortunately, if a player is Disqualified or Withdrew (after ANY Masters play has begun), they will be an automatic +8 or worse for the tourney. EX: If a player was +16 when they WD in the 3rd round, their total for your team would be +16.
- The Dustin Johnson Rule – If a player Withdrew the morning of the first round of the tourney(before ANY Masters play has begun) they will get replaced by us (Tony & Chey). Everyone who had this particular player will all get the same replacement from same letter group, according to highest world ranking. EX: Dustin Johnson from A group WD from the tourney after the masters entry deadline, but before tourney begins the next morning, the next highest world ranking player will be substituted. This could apply to all letter groups. This rule is very rarely needed but we wanted to address it. We can not accept “post-deadline” substitutions emailed to us.
Masters Entry Deadline:
- WEDNESDAY 11/11/2020 at 8 PM CT ..NO EXCEPTIONS– (sorry if you were on a plane or forgot -). The link will not be available after that time. This also gives us time to get everything ready for the event as our entry pool gets larger every year. We will send out a list of all entries later that evening. Feel free to start submitting your entries as soon as you know who your team is going to be (sooner the better). If a player does withdraw BEFORE the 11/11/2020 entry deadline, you will be allowed to change one of your picks from the same grouping by emailing us your replacement before the entry deadline. We can change that manually.
- Please review and visit https://tonylaudadio.typeform.com/to/Zo2y01 to submit your entries.!!!!
- PLEASE SHARE with others (forward this email)… Lets beat our 162 entries from last year!
- Please feel free to send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Good luck to all and please send an invite to friends, colleagues, and family you think would be interested in joining the fun!!!
Thanks for the donations to help our mission continue to grow!!